Thanks for all the responses. Per Elecraft, it looks like 4.48 will go
production in a few days, after some changes to the K3 utility are dealt
with.

On the HRD front, many of us had submitted "fix the K3 interface" to the
prior HRD ownership and it was on the ToDo list - but the prior owner had
stopped updating. The new ownership seems to understand the issue, but the
existing fixes to 5.11 haven't changed the problem. 4.48 may be enough for
now.

I actually switched to DXLabs and found the K3 interfacing much better - but
it has a problem with my use of the Microham MK2R+ which I've been unable to
solve - so back to HRD. The MK2R+ provides an LPbridge capability, along
with other things, so I can interface multiple sow to multiple devices.

Perhaps the coming pay-for version (6) of HRD will clean things up but I
will move to 4.48 after all the good advice.

73, John K3TN