Hi, Dwight!

When you power up the W2 and you see the LED's do their test routine,
the relay for the PTT jacks is also exercised.  You could use an ohm
meter to measure continuity between the center conductors of the two RCA
jacks and verify they lose it during power up.  Also listen for two
cycles of open/closed relay clicking.  If none of this is happening,
there may be a problem with the W2 main PCB.

Brian, W6FVI