Dear Don,

thank a lot for your help! The problem now is solved!
As you suggested I checked RF signal on U1, U2, D2, Q2 and Q1, but for
the last component I found it was missing!
I checked it on assembly step on page 28 but I didn't install it at all.
So I have installed the 2N7000 FET and now S-meter is working very well
(using factory defaults).

Building K1 is an exciting training experience.
Thank you again.

73', Enzo
IW7DMH