Steve,

There is absolutely nothing portable about a Flex system.  This is not
to say they aren't good systems - they are.  But you have to lug the
radio and a fairly  high-powered computer along with you.  Kinda rough
on the batteries/gen set/etc you use for portable power.  If portability
is your goal, I'd look at either the K3 or KX3.  While the KX3 is
definitely trail-ready, the K3 is also a good portable rig, as evidenced
by the increasing number of DXpeditions that carry them along as the
primary rigs.

Hope this helps.

73,

--Ian