My input and 2 cents worth as a new general is to operate 2m mobile and save
the hf rig for the shack where you can dedicate serious antenna which is at
least a full size dipole for 80m that is also a multibander like a G5RV. Hard
to get that kind of efficiency on a mobile antenna. I got the first half of my
worked all states with a used kenwood tube hybrid rig on phone and got the rest
with a k2 and proceeded to get my 2nd WAS on CW with it. The k2 can go mobile
but would prefer an ft897 since it has 2m capability.  I was a General not to
long ago in 2010 and happy with my k2 just getting me 114 DX towards DXCC. I
would put my money in efficient antennas and a rig wid sensitive ears like a k2
and learn code.

This email was keyed in with morse keyer app in an iPhone instead of a keyboard.

Gud luck

Ariel NY4G

Sent from my iPhone