> After almost
>12 years, it's still a gem.  All I could wish for now is an official
>re-design of the KFL1-4's 40m/30m section for 12m/10m.

Dear Mike,

I agree with you, but the release of the new KX3 could make anachronistic
any wish to improve both the K1 and the KX1.
But, all in all, after 12 years from its first release, I'm here to build my
K1 because I like very much its sound and at the end of my work I can say "I
did it!".
In these days, of course, scenes are only for KX3 but I hope in a near
future to see a light (only CW) version of KX3 fitted in a K1 case (I
appreciate a lot the K1 form factor).
For the moment I enjoy my K1. Yesterday I ended receiver alignment and
stayed all the night listening on 40m band . It was a pity having to unplug
the filter board and the front panel to go on with the remaining building of
RF board. :-)

73', Enzo
IW7DMH