That is not the right solution, especially if one wants to use their computer's
sound card for it's designated duties.

I have a SignalLink and it was the easiest set up I've done for digital modes.

Features I like that sound cards don't have...

1. Old fashioned Power on/off button
2. LED PTT Indicator
3. Old fashioned TX level adjustment knob.
4. Old fashioned RX level adjustment knob.
5. Old fashioned Delay adjustment knob.

Don't throw your SignaLink away!  Once you have it set up you can use the
computer sound card for it's designated purpose(s).

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member
QCWA Lifetime Member

"Farmers rotate crops to keep their land strong.
Voters can keep THEIR LAND STRONG by rotating
politicians at the ballot box each term."
-- Otis Mukinfus --
http://www.otismukinfus.com