Smith,

I suggest you increase the iron temperature to 400 degC (750 degF).

The other suggestion I can offer is to use 63/37 allow solder (eutectic)
with a mildly reactive flux (such as Kester 287).  Save the large
diameter Kester 44 (highly reactive flux) for antenna work and other
jobs where there may be a substantial amount of oxidation on the leads

73,
Don W3FPR