Actually, the conversion is easier to remember than those two formulas.
The two scales coincide at -40 degrees.
So for the conversion (either way) first add 40.
Then if the conversion is from Centigrade to Fahrenheit multiply by 9/5
(you will be going to a greater number), but if the conversion is from
Fahrenheit to Celcius, multiply by 5/9 (because the result will be a
smaller number).  Finally, subtract 40 to get your result.

The skeptical may try several passes with their remembering when to add
or subtract 32 degrees, but this formula always works.

73,
Don W3FPR