-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vic K2VCO
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 2:14 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] Low antennas in high places

I would like to correspond with anyone who has tried portable QRP
operation from a high location, using a low horizontal antenna at the
edge of a sharp dropoff.

In the Moxon antenna book (chapter 10), he says that a simple dipole or
inverted vee at a low height in such a location can show excellent gain
at low angles.  I have an great application for this, if it really works!

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA