I'm not a fan of NR, however since it's back in 4.51, I decided to try it
again.

I thought some of the NR settings appeared to be excessive, to the point of
eliminating the signal I'm trying to listen to.  But then I remembered that
finding the best NR setting takes time (it's not instant).

Setting NR F4-4 on CW with a relatively strong signal is amazing.  At first it
seems as if the audio has been turned down completely as the background noise
disappears; but when the CW signal comes back, it's nice and crisp and at a
good audio level.  This is with AGC THR at 16 and SLP at 9.

The not so good news:  there is a 'thud' heard on CW mode when the AGC THR is
increased starting at 15 up to 20, and then from 20 down to 15; regardless of
the SLP setting.  On SSB it's more of a 'swoosh' sound.

This could have something to do with the receive equalizer as it doesn't occur
in TX DATA mode where it is bypassed.  Was it there before?

73 de Sebastian, W4AS