All the indicators say the noise blanker is functioning, I mean it says it's
on, but I really don't hear any difference at all.  Can't tell a thing. It
certainly isn't as good as the ft920.  So I'm wondering if maybe I wound the
toroids to tight.  The first time I wound them the wrong direction.  When I
re-wound them with the same wire, I came up with an inch or more extra wire.
Would this make a difference?  Should I re-do them with fresh wire?
I'm sure this has been discussed lots before, but I haven't found the thread of
it yet in the archives.
Thanks,
Roland
PS. . . And thank you Charlie W0YG for the hand mic!  That was quick!