And don't forget from the USA (or anywhere outside the EU) we also have to pay
the Import duty first (on anything over a few dollars). The 20% is then charged
on the lot, not just the original price but price plus shipping plus duty. The
duty will depend upon how the item is categorised - which depends on the exact
wording of the customs declaration. Word it badly and we pay loads!!

Then there's the rip off 'administration' charge from the postal company. That
could easily be around $60 on top of everything else dependant upon which
shipping company is used. And there's no choice - whoever the sender chose and
whatever fees they paid, the shippers will add their cut.

Can add over $100 to a what seems to be a simple $150 order!!

Not that I'm bitter about what I've had to pay of course :-)

--
sent whilst mobile;
Andy, G8TQH