As far as general purchases, we try to support our smaller, "mom-and-pop"
retail stores wherever possible.  As a result, we refuse to enter a
Wal-Mart
or K-Mart (other reasons apply here, as well).

But, except for two small electronics stores and some Radio Shack stores,
I can get nothing locally other than small items.

I will have to give AES credit for fast service.  Yesterday I ordered a GAP
Titan DX antenna, and I came home from lunch to find it waiting on the
front porch.  It must have been in stock in their Las Vegas store and
shipped the same day.  From here, Las Vegas is about 240 miles.  Also,
if I order from HRO, and the item is in stock at the Anaheim store about
50 miles from here, it will be here the next business day.

72/73 de Jim - AD6CW