Just realized that my posted response addressed the other responses more
than John's original query, so here is more direct input.  The u2R is a
superset of the DX Doubler feature set and more expensive.  It is an
individual decision as to whether those additional features are worth the
higher price for one's needs/wants:

1.  The u2R also has a manual mode, without computer connection, once it is
configured with the Router on the computer.  The manual features are less
than the computer-connected features, but still everything available with
the DX Doubler.
2. The u2R has both USB and LPT connectivity.  The DX Doubler requires a
complete LPT port, i.e., a USB-LPT adapter only supports printers, not the
signal(s) needed by the DX Doubler.
3.  The u2R receive audio switching is user-configurable to virtually any
alternative.  The DX Doubler has only 2-3 choices, but that may be all you
want.
4.  The u2R has transmit audio level controls for each radio, FSK keying for
each radio, DVK, WinKey and a PS/2 jack for a numeric pad or keyboard.
5.  The u2R has isolated USB, LPT and soundcard ports, although the latter
are not needed with the K3's transformer-coupled LINE IN/OUT ports.
6. microHAM does not produce cables for the u2R, but I made mine up easily
with parts from Mouser (DB9 connectors, DB9 hoods, and nice molded connector
cables with phone or RCA Phono plugs on one end and tinned pigtails on the
other end).
7.  The u2R is expandable to MK2R capability by adding 2 microKEYERs in the
future.  In fact, most (all?) of the microHAM products can be integrated
together all using a single installation of the Router software, with a tab
for each box.  The documentation shows the detailed interconnection of all
the reasonable combinations of microHAM products.
8.  Both TopTen and microHAM have excellent support that has been
demonstrated for many years now.

Ed - W0YK