I've had a lot of fun with my "naked" K3. With the sunspots
being cooperative, QRP is a lot of fun. I can upgrade power
later. If I run into crowded bands, I can add filters, but I
haven't had much problem with the antennas I am using. Probably
the first "extra" I'll add is a P3.

I think I would feel the same way if I had a KX3.

If you can handle the ESD precautions and get delivery at the
right time, building one in your hotel room sounds like a lot
more fun than watching TV.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV