I received my KX3 a few days ago & we are getting acquainted.  Similar to my
K3, but not the same..
I downloaded the newest Beta, 1.06.
As I understand it, there is some form of DSP installed.  When I invoke "NR"
the screen reads "tbd"  I assume that more is to come, as there are no levels
to adjust as in the K3.  The AGC left at the default Threshold of 7, is not
sufficient.  I will try lower levels to stop the overload from strong stations.
I am trying to use the APF mode.  A little complex, but it tends to ring when
peaked in mode II.

XPD3 paddle.  Mechanically a very nice match to the rig.  I prefer a tight
(little movement ) paddle. I adjusted the paddles until constant contact & then
backed off, then tightened.  Still more movement then I like, but I can
acclimate.  Sometimes in the middle of a transmission, I would get a string of
dits or dahs, generally happens when settings too tight.  I have opened the
settings more, inducing more travel, & I still get the "stuck" condition.  I am
wondering if this is a mechanical problem with the key, or a software pblm with
the encoder circuit ????

I will take it portable this afternoon & give it a workout.  I would appreciate
comments.

Sid
KC2EE