A fully-loaded K3 is about $4900, and that assumes 8 pole filters in all
slots in both receivers. A fully loaded FT-5000 is $5600. The FT-5000
exceeds the K3's receiver performance in one category, and trails the K3
in every other RX performance category. The K3 also has a superior
transmitter, as evidenced by the IMD numbers in ARRL test results and
elsewhere.

So, yes, the FT-5000 is on top in one RX category and the amount of IMD
its transmitter can splatter across the bands, and all for only $700
more. And they throw the key clicks in for free! But that splatter and
key clicks are valuable weapons in the contesting arsenal, because ops
near an FT-5000 can't work 'em if they can't hear 'em.

73,
Scott, N9AA