Hi Wayne,
   My post about the Triple Power Setting Macro inspired Ed, K5EK, to write a
macro for setting up various splits (UP1, UP2, UP5). Here is Ed's code.

Macro 1 - Up 1  SWT13;SWT13;FT1;UPB4;RT0;XT0;MN110;SWT12;SWT39;SWT14;
Macro 2  - Up 2 SWT13;SWT13;FT1;UPB5;RT0;XT0;MN110;SWT13;SWT39;SWT14;
Macro 3 - Up 5  SWT13;SWT13;FT1;UPB7;RT0;XT0;MN110;SWT11;SWT39;SWT14;

He asked me if there was a way of deactivating the keying output signal used to
turn on an external amp via a command that could be imbedded in a macro. Like
Ed, I found that there does NOT appear to be a way of disabling the keying
signal, other than having to break it with some kind of external mechanical or
electronic switch. The signal activates various relays in the amp, but when the
amp is warmed up, and only the barefoot K3 is needed, we want to be able to stop
the keying signal via the macro that sets the K3 power to 100W. When the K3 is
set to amp driving levels (10-20W, set by a macro) we would like to reactivate
the keying output signal to turn on the amp when the K3 is transmitting.

Is there a hidden command that we folks don't know about that can be used to
accomplish the above? If not, we would appreciate it if this request would be
considered for a future software revision.

Thanks and keep up the great work at Elecraft.

73,
Rich - K1HTV

= = =