Oh, yes! I used to have my PR6 installed directly to the rear panel with
the double male connectors. Since my station interconnect is pretty
complex and uses essentially every connector on the rear panel, every
time I needed to access something back there the preamp was extremely in
the way. After lots of bad words on multiple occasions, I finally got a
couple of 3 foot cables. Best move I've made in a long time.

73...
Randy, W8FN