Let me start by saying that I belong to several radio reflectors and know
they all have their cheerleaders no matter what radio or device it might be.
We all know that there are not a perfect radio, car, amp whatever and those
that find no fault with anything are only fooling themselves.

My question and point both is about the P-5 that I was looking closely at
after reading everything here and on the website about it. It sounded like
and excellent choice with a lot of features that tied it to the K3 plus with
the VGA adapter for a larger screen size made it look even more attractive.
Was making out a wish list with things I wanted for a K3, on it just for a
pricing standpoint option/filter wise.

After being directed to eHam from the company website for reviews on the P-5
I read them all. I might say with all reviews on eHam there I usually throw
out all 5 and 0/1 ratings as I imagine many of you do also. I read them but
place little credence in them the 2 on eHam that I did read carefully were
comparisons and point after point that seemed to be real short comings of
the P-5 not being ready for prime time. They were not digs by any means and
said what a great unit it "could" become then compared it to several SDR's
which I do or have owned and the Lp-PAN which sold. He gave them much higher
marks for a spectrum analyzer and why for each function plus another
receiver to boot.

Can someone please give me the benefits of the P-5's display over the
superior one of my current SDR-IQ and hi rez screen support. Or if there are
a lot of improvements coming to the P-5 very soon and if so when and what
are they. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thx and 73,

Fred/N0AZZ