I plugged an antenna in to my KX3 this evening for the first time - dead. I
got to playing around with it and cranked the filter wide open and the
receiver came back to life.

Every time I crank the knob past Fil1 to Fil2 I loose the receiver. I
flipped through the manual and didn't see much pertaining to this.

I am thinking that the roofing filters are just that - roofing filters. I do
not have them installed. Shouldn't the receiver allow DSP filtering down to
50Hz? I see there are spaces for Fil4 and Fil5 on the display, but mine
don't light up past Fil3 even if I go down to 50Hz.

Steve, KC8QVO