Bill,

The K2 produces RF about 15 to 20 ms after the KPA100 Amp Keying output goes
low, so if an amplifier can be ready to accept RF input properly within that
time period, it is fast enough to follow the K2.

I would deem that time 'reasonable' for a relay rated for QSK operation.  If
you happen to have a slow one, there are alternatives that will retain the
K2s QSK operation.

I have seen relay 'speedup' circuits that pull in a relay faster,
alternately the amplifier relay can be replaced with a faster one or replace
the relay with a PIN diode T/R switch.  It may be less trouble and cost to
speed up the amplifier switching than to install the CW PTT.  Fast vacuum
relays are available surplus, for example a pair of Kilovac HC-1 relays will
switch your linear in 6 ms.  See  http://www.mgs4u.com/relay.htm for one
source or do a google search for other sources.

73,
Don W3FPR