On Aug 24, 2005, at 8:49 AM, W3FPR - Don Wilhelm wrote:

The K2 produces RF about 15 to 20 ms after the KPA100 Amp Keying output goes low, so if an amplifier can be ready to accept RF input properly within that
time period, it is fast enough to follow the K2.

Great. I just bought an AL-80A from an estate sale and was wondering if the K2 would be hot-switching. The specs indicate a 15 ms relay changeover time, so that should work great with the K2.

There are only two issues with the K2/100 and the amplifier: 1) the T- R timing ought to change when using the amp, since it can't do QSK. 2) the K2/100 power output seems to "dither" by about 5-9 watts depending on the power setting. This makes it very hard to tune the amp, since the K2 power output jumps around so much.

I realise there's a fix for the latter, by increasing the value of a 270 ohm resistor in the ALC chain.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901