What is the recommended solution to the requirement of a 5w dummy load
during assembly of the K3?

     73  James / K1SD / Rhode Island

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Art Nienhouse
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 1:17 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 with the w2ihy audio gear

Scott
I have been using Julius 8 band box since he first came out with it and
still have it driving K3.
The main reason is the noise gate is better than the gate in the K3, the
gate in the K3 needs to have more canceling on the back ground noise I can
literally watch tv with the volume low four foot from the mic and talk on
the radio with out the tv audio coming in over my voice, and its easier /
faster to turn off the audio effects or change the gate as well.
It will surly killed the amplifier fan noise as well used to chase grids on
144 mHz the Command II fan was very noisy the Julius box gate fixed that
problem.

I use the ATR 30 which I bought for $22  a few years ago and it came with a
16 ft cable XLR to 1/4 in plug , I have a GOLDLINE PRO as well the only
difference is the PRICE.

Regards
Art
ka9zap