Sad you feel this way. I have been enjoying my KX3 for about a month now.
Yes, I waited almost 6 months from the date of my pre-order. I did the same
for my K3. Neither was "vintage" when received. Hardly. In fact even with
the early-adopter pre-order wait, there was still nothing on the market that
compared with either product. I also pre-ordered a KAT500 when Elecraft
announced they were comfortable enough with the design to accept orders.
When it arrives, I will enjoy that also.
73,
Bruce N1RX