From: Wes Stewart [mailto:n...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 12:15 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net; Jack Berry
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] UPS has lost my KX3 :-(

Lately UPS has not been very, very good...

I ordered a speaker from a company in Las Vegas, NV; I'm in Tucson.  It was
shipped on July 2 and scheduled for delivery on July 5, according to UPS'
own tracking data.

On the morning of July 5, it was "Out for delivery".  Imagine my surprise to
see later in the day, "Business was closed, will try again tomorrow."  I'm
not a business but a residence and I was home all day.  I called their 800
number and requested a call from the local office.

When they called, I got profuse apologies for their mistake, promises that
"heads would roll" and that I would get my shipment the following day
without fail.  If that were the case, I wouldn't be writing.

The next day, according to the tracking info, my "business" was again
"closed"... twice.  Another telephone got the same canned response and "I'm
sorry, you won't get it until next week."  So my package due on July 5
arrived on July 9.

I could have driven to Vegas for the weekend and picked it up.

Wes  N7WS