* On 2012 29 Jul 00:44 -0500, Alan Bloom wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 15:12 -0700, Phil Kane wrote:
>
> > My experience with both UPS and FedEx is that the driver leaves the
> > package at the door.
>
> I have had many serious package-delivery problems with both UPS and the
> US Postal Service over the years.  I've never had a problem with FedEx.

I suppose it depends on where you are.  Some years ago a box of
motorcycle parts sat in Topeka for two days at the FedEx depot even
though the parcel was scheduled to be delivered on a Thursday before a
long weekend.  After a call on Friday evening to FedEx customer service
the agent promised to call the depot and give me a call back.  About a
half hour later she returned the call and was obviously frustrated by
the run around *she* received.  The parcel arrived on Saturday and my
weekend wasn't entirely wasted.  FedEx is not my first choice.

My August QST is a couple of weeks past due and ARRL is sending a second
copy.  That is the first time since February 1983, as I recall.  I don't
really recall an issue with Parcel Post and they even delivered a
motorcycle fuel tank the seller left stale gas in!  They had to know as
after less than an hour in the house it was obvious there was old gas in
that box!

All of them will have problems from time to time.  It all depends on how
they're resolved and the attitude of the people we deal with.

73, de Nate >>