From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2012 8:22 PM
To: b...@wjschmidt.com
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Dead K3

Bill,

Your "cc" to k3supp...@elecraft.com did not show on what I perceive as your
original post, so you may want to send something separate.
OTOH, since you are in a bit of a hurry (laving on Friday), and support has
to wade through the entire weekend's worth of email, you may do better to
phone 831/763-4211 first thing  (8AM) California time - well, leave enough
time for Dale and Howard to settle down to their work positions and have a
few sips of thier morning beverage.

In the meantime, check the obvious - remove the APP from the back of the
K3 and check the voltage with your DMM - there is a possibility that there
is a problem with the DC power cable.  If you assembled that power cable,
take a look at the end of it - the blades of the connectors must be clipped
securely over the spring fingers in the housing.  If you need a diagram of
how it should look,  check figure 29 on page 37 of the XV transverter
assembly manual -
http://www.elecraft.com/manual/Assembly%20Manual%20XV50,144,%20222%20Rev%20D
.pdf

73,