On 8/5/2012 7:29 PM, NZ0T wrote:
> I would like to hear opinions on if it makes any difference to configure the
> KPA-500 for 220 volts?  Is it any more efficient?

The advantage of 240V operation is better voltage regulation, due to
half as much IR drop in the wiring between the breaker panel and your
power amp.

The obvious disadvantage is that you need to change back to 120V to run
the amp on a generator or from someone else's QTH.  It's a fairly simple
change -- you need to change the connector on the power cord (or use a
power cord with a different connector) and change the fuse holder.

I can't imagine running a power amp on Field Day -- it would be like
tossing a you know what in the punch bowl.

73, Jim K9YC