Ralph,

I am going to assume the KX3, but you do need to specify the type in the
subject line for the best results.

The KXBC3 option is not yet available, so you need to "ignore" that part
of the manual.  It will do what it says when installed.  Note that it is
an option, and not required.  Until that option is available, you will
have to remove the batteries for re-charging (also the "clock" will be
rest to zero when you power off).

Newbies are welcome right here - ask away, and you will usually find a
response in short order.

The KX3 manual itself has a lot of "how-to" information in it.  I
suggest you sit down with your KX3 along with the manual and "walk
through" the procedures as you read the manual.

There is also a Yahoo Group for the KX3, but much of the information is
duplicated on this reflector.

73,
Don W3FPR