Hi Robert,

Wayne said they they plan to beef up the digital modes section of the manual,
so it will be interesting to see what information they put there. The challenge
is that there are so many possible setups that it is just not practical to
cover them all.

Concerning your questions around AGC, Don W3FPR has written an excellent
article on this topic, and you can find it on his web page:
http://www.w3fpr.com/K3_AGC.htm

I would question whether a detailed treatment of the different types of
batteries available is really appropriate for a radio user manual, but it would
certainly be an excellent topic for an FAQ article.

73, Matt VK2ACL