On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:48:06 -0400, "Bob Wehking"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I used Wayne Burdick's article to calibrate my K2. When I first tuned in WWV,
>the zero beat was at 9999.5. I adjusted c22 & measured TP1(VCO) & TP2(BFO)
>until the two test points matched. Now WWV zero beats at 10000.5 .
>
>Should I have set my dial to 10000.00 & then adjusted C22?.
>
>I have also checked my calibration with my ICOM 756Pro &it also shows that I
>am off 500HZ based on WWV & other signals on 20 meters.

I use HRD's PSK31 Deluxe to zero beat WWV.  The 100Hz signal is easily
seen and tuned within the capabilities of the K2, eliminating the
deceptive sound from mistuned filters.  Follow that by running CAL PLL
and CAL FIL will bring out the best in the K2.