Hi all,

I have been building my Elecraft K2 serial 7179 since July 2011, it works fine
since day one and it has the KAT2, KIO2, KNB2, K160RX, KSB2 and the just
installed KAF2.
I always notice that the my MDS readings whit the XG2 on 20 Meters band are 4
dB lower, I can read -135dBm (pre-amp ON, AGC OFF, Filter 700Hz, KAF2 in out
position) on 40 meters but can only read -131dBm on 20 meters in the same
conditions. Is this usual, or should I start looking at something?
Another question is about AGC threshold setting, mine is at 3,55V. I get that
value from adjusting R1 until I can barely ear any difference in noise between
AGC ON and OFF whit 700Hz Filter on CW no antenna connected. It seems good to
me, but in what way am I loosing for having a low value.

Any help or idea please.

73

Pedro CT7AEZ
_..._