This is my 1st Elecraft product. It is a bare-bone KX3-kit.

My shack currently contains an assortment of 'Made in the USA' gear.
(Gonset, SBE, Heathkit, Atlas, Eico, Ten Tec, Flex, Drake, and now Elecraft).

As well as 'Made in Japan' gear.
(Yaesu, Kenwood, and Icom).

1st impressions, with 2 hours to build and 2 days of on the air;
-Elecraft Engineering, Quality, Production, and Sales are all top-notch.
-Receiver dynamic range is a WOW+++.
-User Controls, per square area of front panel, are well thought-of.
-The very best 'Bang for the Buck'.

Transmitter audio reports, using my standard audio rack with an inexpensive
studio-mic and my home-brewed 100 watt PA;
-80 meter SSB rag-chew reports are very positive.
-More unsolicited 'Great Audio' reports compared to my Ft-2000. The Ft-2000 was
the top SSB Tx-audio champ with the Flex 1500 as the second contender.

The only, small, issue during the kit-build was a bag of hardware marked as
'rear-panel' or 'rear-cover'. That bag also contained hardware for the front
panel.
Easy to think it out and no calls were made to Elecraft Customer service.

Why did I buy a kit?;
-Most of my gear was purchased as used and in need of repair. I did not need to
repair my new KX3-kit.
-Have a history of dis-assembling and re-assembling New Gear before I actually
use it. I did not need to dis-assemble my new KX3-kit, it came that way.
-I am an Automation-Instrumentation Technician for the food and paper industry.
This hobby, and assembling my new KX3-kit, keeps me sharp.

If You are thinking of investing in a KX3-kit, stop the thinking and start the
investing.

73's

Bob, kb8kco