* On 2012 21 Aug 15:39 -0500, Jim Brown wrote:
> On 8/21/2012 12:44 PM, robfri...@aol.com wrote:
> > Transmitter audio reports, using my standard audio rack with an inexpensive
> > studio-mic
>
> Even better news -- you'll get those same great audio reports with
> almost any mic that isn't broken using the built-in TXEQ.  Sell that
> audio rack and buy more useful radio gear!  Since I'm retired from the
> pro audio biz, I've got tons of audio rack and a bunch of good mics, but
> I don't need any of that stuff with the K3 or KX3.

Perhaps you should take that up with WB2WIK on the QRZ.com forums. :-)
He regards the K3 as "marginal on SSB" and further explained that any
time he operated one other ops reported that he never sounded as good.
I offered the explanation that the K3's tight transmit filtering was
probably the reason and that he should have enabled the ESSB option.
Regardless, I'd rather transmit tight, clean audio than use more
spectrum than necessary.  Thanks, Elecraft.

73, de Nate, N0NB >>