> Apple hardware has a very good reputation for reliability and
 > ability to work in harsh environments.

While Apple has a good reputation for reliable hardware, their
software policies make that long term reliability useless.  Apple
simply updates the operating system so often - and requires that
all users purchase each incremental update.  In addition, each
major version upgrade will not run on less than current hardware
(e.g. "Mountain Lion" will not run on Intel "Core2 Duo" systems
that are only a four years old) and many application updates
require the current OS version.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV