On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Dick Roth--KA1OZ <raro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally waded into digital modes with FLdigi, but have a K3 question
> regarding Line Out control.  From what I could tell from the manual,
> Line Out to my PC ought to be a level adjusted by Config: Line Out.
> However, each time I turned down the AF control, the signal to FLdigi
> went away.  What am I missing? (I'd like to operate without the constant
> whine of PSK ringing in the shack.)

Maybe you have the audio cable connected to the phones or speaker jack
on the K3, instead of line out?

Or maybe you have CONFIG:LIN OUT set to =PHONES? Tap '1' to turn that
off whilst in CONFIG:LIN OUT to toggle that.

Or maybe the computer is actually taking audio from a microphone
instead of its line in, and you're picking up the RX audio
acoustically? If you clap your hands, does it make a pattern on the
waterfall? ;)

73,

    ~iain / N6ML