Iain and Elecrafters--

Thank you for your responses and guidance!  Iain hit the nail on the
head with his third possibility...audio into a microphone!  I was using
a never before used sound system built-in to the motherboard and had the
incorrect gain control (microphone) turned up instead of the Line In.

--
73 de Dick, ka1oz

Elecraft K3/100(K) #859
G5RV Doublet