On Sep 4, 2012, at 7:42 AM, Lee Trout <trou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...I have noticed that my Begali is quite sensitive to dirty contacts.  On my
> Begali, intermittent operation is a sure sign the contacts need cleaning...

Hi Lee,
It seems you're correct.  I switched to my hex key and the problem went away.
Back to Begali and it returned.  For example my call becomes KAJ.. and 73
becomes 7V as it delays on the dash.
I never suspected the key since I have been using it with the CW Machine with
no problems.   Perhaps one draws more current?
Also, my K3 is in my new radio room, a finished family room 1/2 below grade and
with much higher humidity, been from 45 to 70% as I run the dehumidifier.  Just
wondering if this may be the cause.  The CW Machine is upstairs with AC and
thus very low humidity.
Last,  how should I clean the contacts? I think with just a strip of paper but
know I must be careful.  Also the Leonessa has the contacts stacked vertical
with dash on bottom and hard to reach.

Thanks,
Don KA1KU