Some Begali keys used an alloy that caused the contacts to act like a diode,
with a
constant forward voltage drop. This caused problems with some, but not all,
keyers,
including my K2 internal keyer and a Logikey.

Cleaning and Deoxit did not help in this instance. I ordered replacement gold
contacts for
my Begali Magnetic Pro (not cheap) which completely solved the problem.

I also have a newer Begali model which came with silver contacts and it did not
display
the problem.

I suggest that with modern rigs that have very low currents in the key circuit
that you
only use silver or gold contacts.

Regarding cleaning, I always use a business card and don't overdo it.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA