Hi Don,

Just wanted to add to my previous post. The strip that Mr. Begali sent me is
about 4 inches long and feels like two fabric layers glued together. It is
rough to the touch but not what I would call abrasive. In the e-mail that he
sent me he advised me to "wet the strip with alcohol and pull it between the
contacts". I mentioned in my earlier post that the strip is thick and will
require you to open up the spacing in order to use it.

My contacts are silver and have been fine ever since the cleaning a little
over 2 years ago. If the problem was contact oxidation then perhaps gold
would have been a better choice. If it is dust buildup then I think even
gold contacts would require cleaning. I do keep the supplied plastic cover
on the paddle at all times.

73,
Mike K2MK

Donald Thompson wrote