I just bought a new K3/100F this month and the Ser# is 6730 FYI.

Fred/N0AZZ

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jim Brown
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:47 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] Phase Noise / CW Key Clicks

On 9/12/2012 9:18 PM, Matt Zilmer wrote:
> The main real-world problem is that the K3 is a minority in the
> general ham rig population.  Maybe someday, the K3 penetration rate
> will be high enough that we can hear it in how quiet the bands are.
> Crowded but quiet between signals that is.

Yes, BUT -- considering the number of active contesters in the world (study
the results of major contests), I'd say that Elecraft has been achieving
pretty good penetration. If I'm not mistaken, I've seen serial numbers in
the 7,000 range, and we know that they started at #1 and didn't skip any.
It's also gotten to the point where experienced DXpeditioners would rather
drag their own K3s through airports than accept freebies from Icom or Yaesu.

More important, it's REAL easy to see the difference between a clean rig and
a dirty one on a P3, and every season I see a greater proportion of clean
ones!  It's gotten to the point that, at least here on the West Coast, a
dirty signal stands out like a sore thumb!

73, Jim K9YC