You can connect just one physical RS-232 computer port to your K3; RS-232 is
a "point to point" rather than a "multi-point bus" interface.

However there are "port sharing" programs available that help with this.
LP-Bridge, from N8LP, is one.   http://www.telepostinc.com/LPB.html

There are others as well.  OmniRig from VE3NEA.  If you're using microHAM
products, they provide a "router" that I believe also acts as port sharing
program. There may be other hardware or software solutions.

Essentially the port sharing program "owns" the connection to the K3, and
the various "client application" programs (N1MM, etc)  are configured to
connect to "virtual" COM ports that are serviced by the port sharing program
itself. The program arbitrates between multiple write requests and routes
command responses to the requesting program.

Some "port sharing" programs won't allow connection to all "client
application" programs.  You don't want to try to load K3 firmware, for
example, through a port sharing program.

A Y cable can be used if only two devices ever send.  SteppIR's antenna
controller "snoops" the RS-232 bus for messages carrying frequency
information. But it just receives, never transmits, so the K3 and PC don't
even know it's there.

73 de Dick, K6KR