If I were to do do a new K2 build again, I would definitely incorporate the
Rework Eliminator kit
in the initial build.  I added two options to the basic K2: (1) the KPA100,
which required (IMHO
anyway) an annoying dissasembly of the K2 to add two connectors to the main
board and (2)
the KSB2, which should have been an easy add on, but I had difficulty, even
using desoldering
braid, in removing main board jumpers.  So, if I had known about the Rework
Eliminator kit
and what was involved in adding options, I would have incorporated it in the
initial build, even
for just those two options.

But I agree that it probably wouldn't make sense to retrofit the kit into an
existing K2.

- Bruce

-----
Bruce Rosen