I'm not what you'd call sage, but I have an 80m horizontal loop and don't
bother with suspended weights.  I figure there is enough stretch in my
support ropes to handle any normal winds, and a major storm is probably
going to break some tree limbs anyway. So much can happen to tree-supported
antennas in big storms that spending too much effort on a support system
just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather prepare for a quick replacement should
the need arise. My support ropes run from the corner insulators over the
tree tops and down to points near the ground where I tie them off. I do NOT
climb trees, so I don't have the option of tying them off higher up. (I use
a bow and arrow to launch fishing line over a high limb, then use it to pull
nylon twine over, and then use it to pull my support rope over. Quick and
easy.) I don't have a problem with vandalism where I live, and the antenna
stays up for a long time.

Chuck N4XS