In my opinion, power supplies should be relegated to something like the
AC receptacle on the wall or the 12 volt battery under the hood of an
automobile.  It should do its thing, but not be obvious.  IMHO the place
for a power supply is on the floor under the operating desk (or
workbench).  No need for meters on the supply itself, I have measurement
stuff above the tabletop.  I use an Astron 35 linear at the operating
position and have an Astron SS-30 switcher at the workbench (along with
several other lower current supplies). There are no 13.8 volt power
supplies above the desktop - If I need other voltages, yes, I do have a
+/- 15 volt supply along with +5V on the workbench along with a variable
voltage positive supply for special needs - but I don't think those are
relevant for powering the K2, K3, or KX3.

Bottom line, power supplies are on the floor out of the way and treated
just as an energy source.

So, my answer to your question is NO.  The RigRunner does sit on the
desktop with fuses to match the wire sizes exiting from it.
I do not think it is in the best interests of Elecraft to attempt a
power supply design given that it would require UL compliance
certification (as well as other countries certification) which can be an
expensive process for a power supply that would likely have a volume of
less than 10,000 units even at product life end.

I would put this in the "it would be nice -- but" bucket.

73,
Don W3FPR