From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <li...@subich.com>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K-Line Addition - DC Power Supply (Suggestion)

> I do not think it is in the best interests of Elecraft to attempt a
> power supply design given that it would require UL compliance
> certification (as well as other countries certification) which can be
> an expensive process for a power supply that would likely have a
> volume of less than 10,000 units even at product life end.

*IF* Elecraft were to produce a power supply, the most economical
solution would be to use a modular OEM switchers that already has UL,
CE, CSA, etc. certifications and wrap it in an Elecraft case with IEC
cord, additional filtering, external power switch, and maybe metering.
OEM supplies - available in many quality levels, form factors and price
points - are used by several other manufacturers as the core of their
"matching" (or internal) power supply offerings.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV