Bruce Beford-2 wrote
> I would not assume "most" users prefer this. I have 2.8/1.8 and it suits
> me
> just fine, thank you. The 1.8 works well under contest conditions, when
> needed.

I found the 1.8k is too narrow for running stations at high rates (>150 per
hour) in contests.  It's OK when you have time to carefully tune signals
(e.g. DXing or S&P in contests), but when callers are slightly off-frequency
(as many are in contests), intelligibility suffers which really slows you
down.

In the CQ WW SSB last year, I quickly stopped using my 1.8k and switched to
the stock 2.7k set to DSP 2.0k for the remainder of the contest (won USA
SOSB/10 by 30% over the next highest score).  I've since installed a 2.1k
which I expect will work better for high run rates...will report back after
October 28.

73,  Bill  W4ZV