> For a real down conversion radio, consider my old Hallicrafters
> SX-99. Everything is converted to a 455KHz IF which includes a
> crystal filter (I think one poll). It really doesn't do very
> well on image rejection. :-)

I had a pristine HQ150 (just finished restoration) and while listening to SW
broadcast in 15 MHz band I heard a ham station. I found him on 20 and told
him I heard his spur up there. He said he would check it out. While
continuing to listen in that SW band, I heard a few other hams in there. I
went Hmmm ... did the math ... I tried to find the other ham whom I told had
the spur ... he may still be looking for it.

73, Mike WA5POK